AO BSN: Prerequisite Course Review Instructions
If you wish to enroll in a prerequisite course at MSU, you can submit a MSU Lifelong Education application for study. Former MSU students/graduates should submit a readmission application to the MSU Registrar’s Office.
Prospective students are not required to complete prerequisite coursework at Michigan State University. To determine if coursework you have completed‐ or plan to complete‐ at an accredited college or university will satisfy prerequisite coursework for the Accelerated Second Degree Program, access the Transfer MSU website. Courses listed as MSU equivalents on this website will satisfy the Accelerated Second Degree prerequisite requirements. Admission to the program requires that you have earned a grade of 2.0 or higher in each of the science prerequisite courses.
If the specific course you have completed‐ or plan to complete‐ is not listed on the Transfer MSU website, you may complete the following steps to request that the College of Nursing conduct an internal review of the course:
- Email the College of Nursing (email@example.com) to see if the course has previously been reviewed. You must include the course number, course name, institution name, and MSU pre-req course that you hope to substitute.
- If the course has not been reviewed, then follow steps 3-10 below.
- Complete the College of Nursing Prerequisite Course Review Form.
- Include a copy of the course syllabus. Staples only, no paper clips.
- Include an official course description from a program catalog, web‐site or other institutional document. Staples only, no paper clips.
- You may submit a CON Course Review request prior to submitting an admission application.
- You may submit a CON Course Review for a course that you have not yet taken.
- Course Review requests are due December 1.
- Please note that if your request is denied, then you will need to find an alternative course to fulfill the requirement.
- Submit the CON Course Review request with all supporting documentation to:
MSU College of Nursing
Accelerated Second Degree Program
Bott Building for Nursing Education and Research
1355 Bogue St., Room C‐120
East Lansing, Michigan 48824‐131
11. The College of Nursing will complete the course review and email you of its final decision. Please make sure that your email is current and active. Allow four weeks for processing.