Nurse Scholar Program
Rewarding Academic Achievement for High School Seniors Planning a Career in NursingAre you a high-achieving high school senior?
If so, MSU invites you to apply to the Nurse Scholar Program.
The Nurse Scholar Program gives high-performing students the opportunity to earn admission into the College of Nursing straight out of high school.
You are invited to apply to the Nurse Scholars Program if you are a high school senior and meet both of the following criteria:
- ACT composite score of 28 or SAT of 1240
- Cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.8 (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale or a 4.75 (unweighted) on a 5.0 scale.
Once accepted into the Nurse Scholar Program, you must meet these academic conditions to maintain your seat in the BSN program:
- Complete the required prerequisite courses in the first year of attendance
- Enroll in NUR 220: Introduction to Nursing Scholarship with a grade of 2.5 or higher
- Earn a grade of 2.0 or higher in each science prerequisite course
- Maintain the minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) that is provided in the letter of agreement the student signs with the College of Nursing (currently 3.4)
Benefits of the Nurse Scholar Program:
- Guaranteed seat in Traditional BSN program upon completion of prerequisite coursework
- No Application to the Traditional BSN program required
- Opportunity to participate in undergraduate research experience with Nursing faculty
- Special workshops and meetings for Nurse Scholar students only
How To Apply:
Students applying for the Nurse Scholar Program must apply to both MSU and the College of Nursing.
Prospective students must first be admitted to the university under the pre-nursing preference via the standard freshman application process.
Prospective students must apply to the College of Nursing prior to their initial enrollment at MSU in order to be considered for acceptance to a future fall cohort.
Your completed packet must include:
- Supplemental application
- Two references
- Student essay
Early Consideration Deadline: December 1
Regular Application Deadline: March 1
Complete applications must be received by December 1. Applications received after the dealine will automatically go into the March pool.