Designed to Prepare Registered Nurses to Return to Active Clinical Practice
Format: Online with precepted clinical practicum in an acute care facility in your home community
Cost: $1,500 plus textbooks
*Prior to registration make an appointment with the Director of Professional Partnerships. Contact Rosalva Aguilar at 517/355-3393 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course will provide registered nurses who wish to return to active clinical practice with core competencies to prepare them to resume clinical practice in a safe, competent and confident manner. RNs will bring the depth of caring and nursing insight from their previous experiences to the health care environment enhanced by an update on the latest technology, current management of medical/surgical conditions, and evidenced based improvements in nursing care.
- 15 theory modules - online and self paced
- 120 hour precepted clinical practicum in an acute care facility in your home community
15 on-line course modules that will prepare the registered nurse to:
- Identify the professional roles, responsibilities and clinical judgment required in current registered nurse practice
- Describe the characteristics of the current healthcare delivery system that impact safety, quality, and outcomes for patients
- Identify the biopsychosocial and cultural factors that influence patient's health and healthcare practices
A 120 - hour precepted clinical practicum completed in the nurse's home community that will prepare the registered nurse to:
- Demonstrate nursing interventions that incorporate pharmacological principles and safe medication practices
- Apply the nursing process in planning and providing care for patients with selected medical/surgical conditions
Participants will have one year to complete the online portion of the course from the date they begin the first module. Clinical placements for the practicum component of the RN Refresher course will be determined in collaboration between MSU College of Nursing and the RN Refresher participant with the agreement of an accredited healthcare organization.
For more information please call 517/355-3393 or email email@example.com.
Refund policy: 50% of the tuition will be refunded up to the completion of Module 2. There will be no refunds after participants begin Module 3.