Precepting for Success
Learn and apply principles of precepting to your practice
Format: Online self- paced course
CNE Contact Hours: 4.18 (all 4 modules)
Cost: $15 per module OR $50 for all 4 modules
This self-paced continuing nursing education (CNE) offering focuses on precepting skills for nursing professionals. Whether you are a “seasoned” nursing preceptor or someone who is newly developing these skills, these modules are designed to acquire new knowledge on the topic and apply lessons learned to clinical practice.
This course has four modules:
1. Introduction to the Role of Preceptor (0.9 contact hours)
2. Coaching and Feedback, part 1 and 2 (1.43 contact hours)
3. Performance Evaluation (1.05 contact hours)
4. Managing Problems (0.8 contact hours)
One or more modules may be completed for continuing nursing education (CNE) contact hours.
The developers of this module are life-long nursing educators.
- Katie Kessler, MSN, RN, is currently a continuing nursing education consultant at Lansing Community College. She is the former Director of Professional Partnerships at Michigan State University College of Nursing.
- Kathy Forrest, MSN, MA, RN, is the Coordinator of Professional Programs and Instructor in the College. She currently teaches in the undergraduate nursing program and is the primary nurse planner of continuing nursing education provider unit.
This course complies with the requirements for continuing nursing education with CNE contact hours provided by Michigan State University College of Nursing (OH-294, 08/01/2018), an approved provider of CNE by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
For more information please call (517) 355-3393 or email