Online Learning Workshop
The Online Learning Workshop is provided twice each year, in April and July. Students admitted to College of Nursing fall programs for RN-BSN, MSN-CNS, MSN-NP, DNP, and PhD are invited to attend.
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016
Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location: MSU College of Nursing, Room C125, Bott Building
Cost: $35.00 (Breakfast, lunch, and materials included)
*Attendees must bring their own laptops. Computers/laptops will not be available onsite for this program.
This interactive workshop has been arranged to facilitate success in online programs and highlight the support of the College of Nursing and the University in the educational journey. Features of the workshop include:
- Faculty and student expectations for online learning
- Desire to Learn: navigation and practice in the learning management system
- Online research strategies and library resources
- Resources, strategies and tips for success
- Writing Center: resources for online students
The workshop has two components:
- Face to face session guided by faculty
- Independent study that will be completed after the workshop
Participants are eligible for 5.0 contact hours of CNE for the face to face workshop, and additional contact hours for completed homework.