Post Masters CNS: Admissions
In addition to meeting the requirements of the University as described in the Graduate Education section of the academic programs catalog, students must meet the requirements specified below:
- Submission of the online Graduate Certificate Program Application.
- Completion of a master’s degree in nursing from a National League for Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program. A clinical focus is preferred.
- Current licensure to practice aas a Registered Nurse in the applicant’s state or country without restrictions.
- A minimum grade-point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for total credits completed during their Master of Science in Nursing program.
- One year of clinical practice as a Registered Nurse in the United States prior to the start of the program.
- Submit an essay to the College of Nursing stating plans for post-graduate study including professional career goals.
- Personal interview with College of Nursing faculty.
- If the applicant’s native language is not English, the applicant must complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a total score of 580 (paper version) or 21 (computer version). Equivalent scores on the English Language Center Test may be submitted.
- Three references from academic or employment sources.
Application Cycle and Review
- Application deadlines:
October 15 (early decision) and
March 1 (final decision)
- The Post Masters Clinical Nurse Specialist Program enrolls for a fall semester start each year. Admission applications are available in September for the following fall.
- Applications received after March 1 will be considered if space is available.