RN to BSN: Admissions
- Submission of a University application (transfer students only).
- Completion of a diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with a cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 or higher.
- Active and unrestricted RN license to practice without probationary status.
- Completion of University required coursework and of Nursing prerequisite courses outlined below.
- A grade of 2.0 or higher in each science prerequisite.
- Submission of a College application, two references, resume and essay.
WRA 110: Writing Rhetoric
MTH 1825: Intermediate Algebra
ISS 2xx: Social Science
IAH 201-210: Humanities I
IAH 211+: Humanities II
College of Nursing Requirements
CEM 141: General Chemistry
CEM 161: Chemistry Lab
ANTR 350: Anatomy
PSY 101: Introductory Psychology
PSL 250 or 310: Introductory Physiology
HDFS 225: Eco of Human Lifespan Development
MMG 201 or 301: Microbiology
MMG 302: Microbiology Lab
STT 200 or 201: Statistics
Students are encouraged to utilize transfer.msu.edu to determine course equivalencies for transferred courses. Course equivalencies to the prerequisite may be accepted from other universities and will be reviewed to see if they will be accepted.
The College of Nursing admits on a rolling basis for the BSN for Registered Nurses. Which semester you are eligible to start will be determined by your individiual program plan.
Admission of students who cannot reside in Michigan for the duration of their College of Nursing program cannot be accommodated at this time. Many states have regulations regarding out-of-state distance education providers which may include restrictions from online courses with didactic and clinical practicum requirements for College of Nursing programs.