AO BSN: Admissions
- Submission of a University application (does not apply to students currently enrolled at MSU).
- Completion of a bachelor degree from an accredited and recognized college or university with a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 or higher.
- The Anatomy and Physiology prerequisite courses must be completed at the time of application (or in progress in fall semester).
- A grade of 2.0 or higher in each science prerequisite.
- Submission of a College of Nursing supplemental application, two references, essay and resume.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses outlined below (before program start in Mid-May).
Admission to the program is highly competitive, with most candidates exceeding the minimum requirements; therefore, the most qualified candidates are selected from the pool of candidates meeting the minimum criteria.
Approximately 60 students are admitted each summer semester. The College receives 2-3 times the number of applications per seat. The average cumulative GPA for the cohort admitted for Summer 2016 was 3.66.
ANTR 350: Human Gross Anatomy^
CEM 141: General Chemistry
MMG 201: Microbiology
NUR 300: Pathophysiology*
PHM 350: Introductory Human Pharmacology
PSL 250 or 310: Introductory Physiology^
STT 200: Statistical Methods
^Anatomy and Physiology must be completed at the time of application.
*Candidates must have completed course within five years of program start.
HDFS 225: Lifespan Human Development in the Family
HNF 150: Introduction to Human Nutrition
PSY 101: Introductory Psychology
Students should utilize the Transfer MSU Website to determine if coursework taken outside MSU will satisfy prerequisite coursework for the Accelerated Second Degree Program. Courses listed as MSU equivalents on the Transfer MSU website will satisfy the Accelerated Second Degree prerequisite requirements.
If the specific course you have completed is not listed on the Transfer MSU website, please follow the Accelerated Second Degree course review instructions.
Application Cycle and Review:
- The BSN Accelerated Second Degree Program admits once per year for a summer (May) start.
- Applications are now Closed.
- Application Deadline - December 1, 5pm EST each year.